GoZ (for GoZBrush) is a dynamic bridge between ZBrush and other 3D packages built around a specific file format, the GoZ file. In a single click, send from ZBrush to one of the supported application your 3D mesh, but also your maps to do a render or edit geometry or add an element to your model and if needed, send everything back to ZBrush, still in one click!
Moreover, GoZ is working with different Tools or SubTools, visible or not.
Now with GoZ, you will use your time only in the application to work on your model and not by managing your import and export.
ZBrush currently supports:
- Autodesk 3DSMax 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 (Windows)
- Autodesk Maya 2015, 2016, 2016.5, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023 (Windows and MacOS)
- Maxon Cinema 4D R15, R16, R17 (for later versions see below from Maxon)
- Adobe Photoshop CC (Windows and MacOS) *Note that Adobe is discontinuing 3D support for Photoshop so some things may not work.
GoZ is also supported by 3rd-party developers for these applications:
- Cinema 4D from R20 (Supported by the Maxon Cinema 4D team)
- Character Creator (Supported by Reallusion)
- Marvellous Designer (Supported by Marvellous Designer)
- Modo 10 and Modo 11 (Supported by The Foundry)
- Lightwave 11.x and Lightwave 2015.x (Supported by NewTek)
- Poser 2012 SR2, 2013 and 2014 (Supported by Smith Micro)
- DAZ Studio 4 (Supported by Daz3D)
- DAZ Carrara 8 Pro (Supported by Daz3D)
- EIAS 9 (Supported by Eias3D)
- Houdini 16, 16.5 and 17 (supported by SideFX)
GoZ communication system is open to 3rd party developers, to integrate GoZ in their own application, with the help of our SDK. If you wish to support GoZ, please contact us at email@example.com (note: this email is only for SDK purpose. Please use the Support Center for GoZ issues, or ZBrushCentral.com).
GoZ commands are located on the top of the Tool palette, split into several functions:
- GoZ: send the current Tool or the selected SubTool to the application of your choice.
- All: Send all the SubTools of the selected Tool in the application of your choice, visible or not.
- Visible: Send only the visible SubTools of the selected Tool to the application of your choice.
- Reset (R): Reset the current GoZ application selected in ZBrush. On the next press on GoZ, All or Visible, the application selection box will prompt you to choose a new application (see below).