Installing and Activating
The ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge plugin is already installed with ZBrush and doesn’t need any additional files to be added by you after your purchase. All that is necessary is to activate the plugin after purchasing a license for it.
The activation process is simple and will be triggered the first time you use the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge.
- First, install and activate KeyShot.
- Click Render>External Render>KeyShot to set it as the default BPR renderer.
- Load a model and click Render>BPR RenderPass>BPR or use the Shift + R hotkey.
- A dialog box will open, notifying you that you need a license to run the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge. Click the “Install my License” button. If you don’t own a license, you will need to purchase one at the Pixologic Store (http://store.pixologic.com/) or download a trial license. Internet links in the dialog box can take you directly to the appropriate pages for these choices.
- Upon clicking the “Install my License” button, a window will open so that you can browse your computer hard drive to locate and load the license file that you saved after your purchase. (If you haven’t download your license you will need to do so before you can proceed. Please refer to the email you received from the Pixologic store which includes all the information needed to download your license file.)
- When your license has been located, select it and click the “Open” button.
- A new dialog box will appear notifying you that the license has been successfully installed on your computer.
- The final step is to activate your license on this computer. To do this, click the “Activate My License” button.
- If your computer is connected to the internet, activation will be immediate. If you do not have an internet connection, see the paragraph immediately following these steps.
- Upon activation, KeyShot should now launch and your ZBrush model should appear in its document window. If you have a connection error in ZBrush after performing the activation, click the BPR button again. (You should not have to go through steps 4-9 again).
If your computer does not have internet access, an offline activation process is available. After loading your license file you will be given the opportunity to save an activation request file to your computer. Simple put it on a USB stick and visit https://register.pixologic.com/activate/ from any computer that does have internet access. Following the instructions on that web page will create an activation file. Download the file and save it to your USB stick. The ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge activation window will allow you to load that file from the USB stick and complete the activation.