From ZBrush 4R6 it is possible to use DynaMesh with a model that has been partially hidden.
To convert part of a model to DynaMesh follow these steps:
- Hide parts of the model by using the Select Lasso or Select Rectangle brushes.
- Take the time to refine the opening because DynaMesh will close the surface to create a watertight mesh.
- If you are already in DynaMesh mode, simply quit it by clicking Tool >> Geometry >> DynaMesh >> DynaMesh button, then click it again to re-enable DynaMesh.
- At this point, the visible polygons will be converted to a DynaMesh and ZBrush will restore the model to full visibility with the formerly hidden polygons being masked automatically. (This mask will be invisible.)
- Modify your new DynaMesh model. You can remove the mask at any time to continue sculpting.