An Array Mesh can be generated as a single operation or as multiple operations combined together. Each stage that is applied to the array can either reuse the content of the previous stage or just the location of the last copy as a start of a new stage.
Each Array Mesh stage is independent. This provides a way to have different parameters for each stage. An example is tank track treads where:
- The first stage defines the top flat part.
- The second stage defines one of the rounded parts.
- The third stage defines the bottom flat part.
- The fourth stage defines the other rounded part and connects it to the beginning of the first stage copy.
- The fifth stage defines a mirrored version of the whole track to generate two full treads.
Now by editing the original source mesh, the tracks can be automatically updated in real-time!