The Reference Guide describes and explains the whole of the ZBrush interface. Each palette is composed of default items that are always available and sub-palettes that are clicked to reveal their contents. This guide is arranged by palette; each palette and sub-palette has its own page.
Explore each of the ZBrush palettes to learn the individual functions and features:
List of the ZBrush palettes
- Alpha: load, edit and create alphas, used as brush patterns and for other purposes.
- Brush: select sculpting brushes and adjust settings to suit your creativity.
- Color: pick and edit colors for painting the canvas or your 3D model.
- Document: resize, save or load the ZBrush canvas.
- Draw : provides important settings for the way nearly every tool behaves.
- Edit : undo and redo recent changes.
- File : save and load a variety of ZBrush file from one location.
- Layer : separate canvases which are merged together in one ZBrush document.
- Light : control the lighting for your scene.
- Macro : record and playback repetitive actions to improve your workflow.
- Marker : mark and recall objects on the canvas.
- Material : choose and adjust materials to create different surfaces and effects.
- Movie : record movies of your ZBrush sessions or finished models.
- Picker : set certain global painting/sculpting attributes, such as color, material, depth and orientation.
- Preferences : set personal preferences, customize the ZBrush interface, and choose from among a number of default painting and sculpting attributes.
- Render : choose from different rendering modes and options.
- Stencil : adjust stencils for masking operations when painting or sculpting.
- Stroke : provides a variety of stroke types which determine how each tool is applied when the cursor is dragged on the canvas.
- Texture : images for use while painting or to wrap on a model’s surface.
- Tool : the workhorse of the ZBrush interface, with 3D models and 2.5D painting tools.
- Transform : adjust how a 3D object appears on the ZBrush canvas.
- Zplugin : the default location for ZBrush plugins that extend ZBrush’s functionality.
- Zscript : record, save, load and play ZScript recordings.
- Help : easy access to various ZBrush resources.
ZBrush Release Notes
- Release Notes for ZBrush versions listing all additions, improvements and fixes.